Seascape Weaving Kit - Small
Learn to weave a tapestry wallhanging in a rustic weaving frame using a selection of fair trade weaving yarns. Add in pieces of fabric or treasured objects to make your weaving unique. Once complete, the weaving loom becomes a frame to hang on the wall and admire!
EACH KIT INCLUDES:
- "How to weave a decorative wall-hanging" instruction leaflet
- Rustic wildwoven 'art loom': approx. 23.5 x 33.5cm (dimensions may vary by a few mm on either side). Precise wood tone may differ slightly from that shown.
- 50g (approx) selection of fair trade* weaving yarns. Please note: I may occasionally substitute yarns of similar colour and texture to those shown.
- Warp thread
- Hand carved weaving needle
- Hessian scrap & driftwood
All in an organic cotton tote bag.
Skill level: BEGINNER
I learnt this style of tapestry weaving in Chile, where it is very popular. Using a few simple weaving techniques and a variety of richly-textured yarns it is possible to create highly individualistic combinations of colour and texture. The kit contains an easy-to-follow instruction leaflet which will guide you through the weaving process. No previous weaving experience is required.
NB. Weaving shown is for illustrative purposes. Weaving instructions encourage free interpretation of techniques and color combinations.
The weaving frames have been made by my husband at home in Wales. He uses recycled timber where possible, finished with a light wax coating.