Seascape Weaving Kit - Large
Weave your own tapestry wall hanging in a rustic weaving frame, using a selection of hand spun weaving yarns. Add in pieces of fabric or treasured objects to make your weaving unique. Once complete, the frame is ready to hang on the wall and admire!
Using a few simple weaving techniques and a variety of richly-textured yarns it is possible to create highly individualistic combinations of colour and texture. The kit contains an easy-to-follow instruction leaflet which will guide you through the weaving process. No previous weaving experience is required.
Each kit comes in its own "Wild about Weaving" fair trade cotton tote bag and includes:
- "How to weave a decorative wall-hanging" instruction leaflet
- Original rustic wildwoven 'art loom': approx. 32 x 39cm /12" x 15" (dimensions may vary by a few mm either side). Precise wood tone may vary slightly from that shown.
- 100g / 3.5oz (approx) selection of fair trade weaving yarns. Please note: I may occasionally substitute yarns of similar color and texture to those shown.
- 10m / 33' warp thread
- 10cm / 3⅞" hand carved wooden weaving needle
- Hessian scrap & driftwood
Skill level: BEGINNER
The weaving frames have been made by my husband at home in Wales. Wherever possible he uses scrap timber, finished with a light wax coating.
PLEASE NOTE: these looms are intended for single use.