Pink Weaving Kit - Large
Learn to weave your own decorative wall hanging in a rustic weaving frame using a selection of fair trade weaving yarns. Add in pieces of fabric or treasured objects to make your weaving unique. Once complete, the loom becomes a frame ready to hang on the wall and admire!
Using a few simple weaving techniques and a variety of richly-textured yarns it is possible to create highly individualistic combinations of colour and texture. The craft kit contains an easy-to-follow instruction leaflet which will guide you through the weaving process. No previous weaving experience is required.
Each kit comes in a fairtrade cotton tote bag and includes:
- "How to weave a decorative wall-hanging" instruction leaflet
- Original rustic wildwoven 'art loom': approx. 32 x 39cm /12" x 15" (dimensions may vary by a few mm either side). Precise wood tone may vary from that shown.
- 100g / 3.5oz (approx) selection of fair trade weaving yarns. Please note: I may occasionally substitute yarns of similar colour and texture to those shown.
- 10m / 33' warp thread
- 10cm / 3⅞" hand carved wooden weaving needle
- Hessian scrap & driftwood
Skill level: BEGINNER
The weaving frames have been made by my husband at home in Wales. Wherever possible he uses scrap timber, finished with a light wax coating.
The handspun yarns that I use in my tapestry kits have been produced especially for me by skilled artisans in Chile.